UNDERTOW TANKA REVIEW ISSUE 9 December 2016

UNDERTOW TANKA REVIEW
ISSUE 9
December 2016
















HAIKU






Valle de la Luna
by
Remedios Varo
1950








suddenly more beautiful than the mountains - bike tied to a railing



my lost earring      her lost mind         my mom on the phone



what's lost        what's found     afternoon calm




          ―Miriam Sagan


























sneakers hanging  from a telephone wire -waning moon



black dot         in all that blue         caws



hypnagogic lights behind my eyelids - silence on Lama Mountain




―Miriam Sagan





















meadow grasses bent         in a question mark         I can answer



new chipmunks chase      each others' tails - I puzzle        out the poem



tattooed girl draws the mountain, her childhood         among rivers




          ―Miriam Sagan







sea-sky roars
in the curves of
whales


twilight stream
the first bend
on the star


night stalker
a hunger moon
follows me


crow moon
we follow our shadows
into the dusk



―Marth Magenta










dusk dims a notch, there
in the darkening mirror, the moon
enameled on the pond


sycamore tree, bark
peeling & patched like camouflage--
who you hiding from?


without looking up
he lay down a poem, her dress
dew-drenched still clung


full moon, tiny sparks
in fresh snow, the stick I step on
echoes somewhere else



―Roger W. Hecht












TANKA








 Alegoría del invierno
by
Remedios Varo
1948









they dragged me
to view the body
my sister
no longer larger
than her shortened life





that dream
I long to have again
the one
where I grew lamina
and my breath was fire





I find
white begonias
at my door
in pogonip fog
the vague shape of you




          ―Debbie Strange






lighting
his way
to the heavens ...
the candle beside
his portrait


―David He







hiding in clouds 
day moon mimics me 
night moon stalks me 
her penetrating radiance 
leaves me naked 



― Martha Magenta









.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Undertow Tanka Review, Issue 12

UNDERTOW TANKA REVIEW ISSUE 11

UNDERTOW TANKA REVIEW ISSUE 8 - May 2016